Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Prankster

After the shock that I was actually really engaged weakened, Nick tells me that most of my friends have been in on this from the beginning! Later that same night we were going to a function with these same "friends" and Nick wanted to play a little joke on them. He thought it would be funny if I didn't wear my ring when we showed up (since they all would be expecting it) and then halfway through slip it on and see how long it takes them to notice. I went along with Nick’s little joke and it was surprisingly fun. I noticed when I got there that everyone automatically glanced at my hand when they greeted me. They all thought they knew something I didn’t; but really I knew something they didn’t!

Halfway through I slipped my ring on my hand. No one noticed. I even tried to make gestures to Jaymi to see if she’d notice. She didn’t. Surprisingly her husband Mark noticed first! In her defense she was a little preoccupied with getting food set out. Either way eventually they all caught on and everybody was grabbing my hand and hugging me and Nick to congratulate us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment