Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Only a hand full of family members and my bestie read this blog so most of you know our house situation. But here’s a recap.
When Nick and I got married we both owned a home. Nick made his into a rental property and we lived in mine.
Very quickly our house was becoming too small. Mostly we have a lot of crap, but when Leia was born it was clear we needed a larger home. Nick and I both agreed that we despise moving and our next home would have to be our forever home.
We sold both of the houses and were lucky enough to move in with Nick’s mom (thanks Linda) rent free so we could save some money. Our search for a home for our family was very frustrating. I wanted to rip out kitchens, tear down walls, or when we did find something we liked we were out bid. It was also clear building our Dream House was not going to happen.
Banks are not even loaning money to custom home builders right now.
So the next option was to build a new home.
That was about six months ago. The house went up pretty quickly…
My kitchen! You have no idea how happy these white cabinets make me! The builder does not offer white but my husband is AWESOME!!! and talked them into it!! AND it didn’t cost us any thing extra! BEST. HUSBAND. EVER!!!
It is almost done! We close next week!!
There will be TONS of projects happening! It may be a brand new home but we still need to put our personal touches on it!
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
I thought about what word I wanted to incorporate into my life and goals for 2013 and word I chose was
Now, I realize that some of the goals that I have for 2013 might contradict my Word of the Year, but if I can SIMPLIFY some parts of my thoughts and life than I will have the ability to do the other things I want to do (more on this cryptic nonsense later).
For now I wanted to share my word and maybe encourage some of you to choose a Word of the Year for yourselves.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
2. Lose baby (and infertility drugs) weight
9. Take Landon to Disneyland before he starts school (this might be the most challenging one) No time or money
11. PURGE! PURGE! PURGE! hmmm… Not at the level I wanted so… fail
12. Finish one year of scrapbooking for the Family and Landon FAIL!! Of epic proportions
14. Make Christmas stockings for next year It is all in storage so it will have to wait for 2013
15. Take a photography class
16. Learn how to use Photoshop
17. See 5 movies in the theatre Only saw 3. I have a hard time asking people to watch Leia so we didn’t get to out as much as I’d like.
19. Finish scanning pictures
20. Start Nick's genealogy
23. Take Bella for a walk at least once a week
24. Visit family in Utah & California
25. Take Landon to the Phoenix Children's Museum
28. Decide on a stay-at-home "job"
30. Get the boys to eat more vegetables BAAHAHAHAHAHAHA What the heck was i thinking?!
31. Teach Landon to ride a bike with 2 wheels
32. Be better about taking my vitamins
33. Turn the TV off more
34. Spend more quality time with family and friends
35. Spend more time outside
38. Go to the library more This will be easier in 2013 when the library is literally across the street
39. Visit a National Monument or National Park I've never been to before
42. Eat healthier
43. Work on linking family photos with genealogy work
44. Start getting Landon and Adele ALL the signatures of the Disney characters in Disneyland!!
45. Get Landon and Adele's picture taken with all the Disney characters they get signatures from
46. Start an ornament scrapbook for the kids for their annual Christmas ornaments
47. Start a new family tradition
48. Be more patient
49. Get all the stuff out of storage! This one REALLY didn't happen. In fact the whole house is going into storage now!
52. Finish this list!!
Ok, so the list didn’t get finished and I didn’t accomplish all I wanted; but I think I did pretty good. Almost half.
For 2013 I’m going to do something a little bit different. I’ll still have some goals that I’ll be sharing.
Come back and see what’s next for The Heuers!!