Monday, March 1, 2010

Be Our Guest!!!

Poring over thousands of websites, (ok, not thousands but it sure seemed like it) I looked at all kinds of invitations. Different, styles, textures, colors, paper weight. Who knew that a simple task of asking someone to come to your wedding would be so involved? Did you know that people have written books on the proper etiquette of an invitation?! When to send it, who it’s addressed to, wording, who is hosting: couple, parents, divorced parents with or without a new spouse, casual, formal, letter press, engraved, calligraphy, linen, matte, stock, rice paper, and the list goes on. Geez! I finally found an invitation that I liked and that DIY Jayme could add a little personal touch to.

I tracked the shipment, and one Saturday while I was making Christmas gifts Nick walked past the front door and said, “There’s a box out here.” Realizing that today was the scheduled date for their arrival; I squealed (literally!), ran past Nick and grabbed the package!! Excitedly I opened the box and closely examined all of the fun goodies inside! Of course Nick looked at me like I was a crazy person. Making funny faces at me and all the fun things I pulled out of the box, trying to figure out what all of it was.

I can’t wait to assemble them and start sending them to all the wonderful people I hope will show up!!!
**wink, wink**

No comments:

Post a Comment