Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The crib

 Oh the nursery....  You may recall the post I did during the planning of our wedding where I introduced you to Princess Jayme, Frugal Jayme & DIY Jayme. Well, they are back....!

First of all the debate on whether to have a nursery or not started when we were trying to get pregnant. In the end we decided to go for the nursery. Mostly because I just really really want one! =D YEAH! Score 1 for Princess Jayme.

Now the second debate comes along. The crib...  DIY Jayme is just going to have to sit this (argument) discussion out. There are many things I am willing to make or attempt to make but a crib is NOT one of them.

This is the crib that I absolutely L.O.V.E.!


This is the Millbrook from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. It's classic, made of iron and gender neutral. It's FABULOUS!!! It will definitely hold up to more children in the future and when we are done can resell it for decent price.
The downside to this crib is it comes with a $849 price tag! I've been trying to talk Frugal Jayme into this crib for months! I'm not sure it's going to happen.

My second favorite is this  crib...


This is the Joy crib from Bratt Decor. Still classic, made of iron and gender neutral. This crib comes with a $530 price tag. I figure if we have 2 more kids after this then it's like we spent $176 on each of them! And we can still resell it when we're done!

The last crib is this one...

The DaVinci Jenny Lind crib. It's available from Target. Made of wood (blah), gender neutral and the wheels can me removed. The price tag for this one is $149. This is also my least favorite but will work for the look I want. I don't think I'll be able to resell this one and not sure it will hold up to 3 kiddos.

I've been checking Craigslist for the first two everyday for the last 2-3 months and have found nothing. Such a bummer. I almost have Frugal Jayme talked into the second one...

What do you think? Expensive? Moderate? or Cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment