Monday, May 10, 2010

All the world's a stage

This morning on the way to work Josalyn reminded me of all the new roles I will be inheriting this week. With all the wedding planning I guess I never really thought about all the things I would be gaining and become when I marry Nick. As she pointed out that not only will I become a wife, but also a Step-mom, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, granddaughter-in-law, and an aunt. No pressure!

Other than the in-law part, sister, daughter and granddaughter are all roles I’ve played before. But the wife, step-mom, and aunt (officially) are all new to me! The aunt role should be a breeze, “I will always have gum.” It’s the wife and step-mom that are a little scary. I suddenly thought of all the women in my life that have shown me through example how to be all of these things. They’ve shown me the way to being a good wife, an excellent (step) mother, a loving daughter, a caring sister, and a thoughtful granddaughter.
So to them I say, Thank you! You are loved more than you know. I could never repay you for all you’ve taught and have done for me. You are truly loved and cherished!
And to my new family: Thank you! For accepting me with open arms. For welcoming me into your family and giving me the chance to be a wife, step-mom, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, granddaughter-in-law, and aunt!

**Happy Mother’s Day!!!**

-pretty profound for 5 in the morning right?!-

No comments:

Post a Comment